Sunday, April 26, 2009

A foggy day in London town

Woohooo! I finally jumped on the bandwagon with everybody else who makes playlists for their blog. Although I pretty much just made it because my iPhone is full of music that Sam likes and these are the songs I always wish were on there. I'm super duper excited to be able to listen to my favorite songs at work, and not just when/if they come up on Pandora. That's a slim chance, anyway...

This weekend has been crazy fun, which is unusual. Our days are pretty much always the same, since we're broke and don't know the city very well, but this weekend we went a little wild. It all started at the grocery store... We have two neighborhood markets that we shop at (one for groceries, one for produce) and for some unknown reason we decided we should try all of the weird food the first place carries. So we came home with all kinds of different do-it-yourself Asian foods and some sushi and a lot of baking ingredients. We've been chowing down on squid wraps and spicy California rolls and cinnamon banana cornbread and discovering that I can get pretty goofy from a few tablespoons of Chardonnay. Who knew? My tummy has had much to say about these new foods, but it will just have to adjust.

Yesterday I spent a good long time at the library and made a HUGE discovery. You can check out a free pass to any Phoenix museums, the zoo, AAAAAND Taliesin West. FOR FREE! I wish I had known that before my parents came because Dad and I so desperately wanted to see Frank Lloyd Wright's school but it is $30/person. Blech. But now we can go for free, anytime!!! And to the zoo, which could be the very best part.

Today I revisited the blog of the most inspirational girl I can think of- seriously, check her out - and decided to take another crack at scrapbooking. It's been practically a year since I've done more than staple shreds of things together. So I made a page about how I totally stopped scrapbooking when we moved to Phoenix. Strange realization...

In other exciting news: our neighbors have been extra super psychopathic lately and we finally had to call 911 on them to make the screaming stop. Hooray. So we haven't been sleeping much for the past couple weeks. But a couple from our church is going out of town for two weeks and asked us to stay in their house!! It will almost be like a vacation. We're pumped.

No comments: