Friday, April 24, 2009

YAY! Among other things...




This "Spring" has been one heck of a ride. From 40 degrees one day to 90 the next and then it will be 55 in the morning and 95 in the afternoon...I don't quite understand it. But I like it! We went up to Flagstaff a couple weekends ago and for most of the drive we had the sunroof open and there may have been some feet sticking out of windows, who knows... ;) Once we hit the treeline reality struck with a vengeance. It is c.o.l.d. in Flagstaff. It snowed most of the weekend. What?! I had honestly forgotten what it was like to be really cold. We had to wear coats and socks and things like that. hahahaha

I know this is ridiculously early, but I am already starting to wig out about Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. So it doesn't come out till July, so what. And it sort of feels like New Moon (Twilight #2) is moving so quickly it may be in theaters BEFORE Harry Potter, so what. I may actually have to break down and go see this one at midnight, with all the crazies.

And in other news: I seem to be aging backwards. The older I get, the less qualified I feel to be grown up. I see all these people my age doing serious grown up stuff and it freaks me out, like we're not ready for that yet so why are they ready?! Of course, those very things that freak me out are most likely the steps that, when taken, will make me actually feel like an adult but that is too much logic for this little brain to wrap around. I really just want to sing the Relient K song "Responsibility, what's that? Responsibility, not quite yet! I don't want to think about it, we'd be better off without it." and fly off to Neverland where terms like "first-time homebuyer" and "police non-emergency number" and "caffeine headache" have nothing whatsoever to do with me. Where footwear options are "moccasins or nothing at all", instead of "painful or utilitarian". I bet this is precisely the point in life that J.M. Barrie was at when he wrote Peter Pan because it sounds an awful lot like a story about children, but it is SO a story about grown ups who don't want to be.

1 comment:

Dan Smitley said...

I may actually have to break down and go see this one at midnight, with all the crazies.

--doesnt that make you a crazy?

also the steps that other people are taking, but are freaking you out, are probably more like stumbling/near falling down steps to them. i doubt that got anything on ya.