Tuesday, June 30, 2009

three lost posts don't make a right

Alas, I have been posting my little heart out and nothing has actually appeared here for weeks. My words are lost in Cyberville. I believe a Double Stuf Chocolate Creme Oreo should solve the problem. Laptop Louie does not agree, but he is just concerned about crumbs in the keys. Too bad, Louie, too bad.

Hole.ly.granola. Harry Potter comes out in 15 days. Pardon me while I run out of sight and do a quick hoo-rah dance. 6 was probably my favorite book. The last one with some semblance of normal life for Hogwarts. Although it is Deathly Hallows (#7) that plays over and over in my head when I'm not otherwise engaged.

In other exciting news (alllmost as exciting as 7.15.09): Sam and I now work for the same company. It is pretty awesome. I work pretty freakish hours, but now he works the very same freakish hours and we can commute together. Plus we never see each at the office, so it's almost like we don't work together but still get all the perks. We're diggin' it. He's thrilled to have a job that doesn't work 16-hour days, pay commission or put his life in the hands of a meth addict daily. I mean, what's not to love about his last three jobs, huh? But yeah, this is far superior in so many ways. It is such a gift. Hahaha, we're still waiting to actually settle down, after 26 years each and 3 years of marriage we're still like little ping pong balls popping all over, trying to grab onto a wall somewhere and just hold tight. Maybe I'm a ridiculous optimist or just don't care much for reality, but I've never felt like anything was unsure even when everything was unsure. Another gift- to see the rock under the sand.

2 comments:

Geoff Schutt said...

"Maybe I'm a ridiculous optimist or just don't care much for reality, but I've never felt like anything was unsure even when everything was unsure."

I love this line. So does Eleanor, who says Hello from "This Side of Paradise."

Kimmy Noonen Photography said...

Lovely MJ! I had no idea you kept a blog. Sheesh. Well, I look forward to reading your adventures from this viewpoint now that I'm entering this world. Hope all is well with you, congrats on the shared commute :) Miss you.