Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I made a smaller version of this bow (from https://www.redvelvetart.com/) and it is so cute I want to wear it every day. I don't know what kind of salons they have down there in Springfield but all of the RVA girls have the best hair ever. I am still floored that my first DIY haircut looks as good as it does, but I'm always up for a new one... If I could have hair like those dolls where you cut it and then just tug and some more comes out, I would be ecstatic.


Since I lost my officemate last week I have been rocking out to whatever music strikes me every day. It's pretty awesome. I've had country day, alternative day, bluegrass day, and then today was "every artist Amanda mentions via Twitter or Doom for Darlings" day. She kept me pretty busy. The best part was that one of the Pandora stations I made ended up playing a Hanson song. HANSON! At this juncture I will pretend to post a VHS file of the Mmmbop music video my friends and I made 10 years ago...pretend with me now. See? Now you understand why that absolutely made my day.

More musical treasures in store tomorrow, as I attempt to 'inculturate' myself with decent music. I blindly followed MXPX for so long that I never bothered to find out if I liked any other music and now the world is new to me. Some favorites so far: Vampire Weekend, Neko Case, Lady Antebellum, Chopin, Feist and some rather oldies like Cake, Kelly Clarkson, Jason Mraz, Something Corporate. With a little techno/dance on the side. It's a work in progress.

No comments: