Thursday, July 16, 2009

letdown to lovin' it! in 3.9 seconds

All morning I've thought today was Friday. Raise your hand if you understand what a bummer that is. To turn things around I thought I'd Google "plaid" again, since it was so much fun the other night when I made my Twitter background. Check out the treasures I found:


Is that me? Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a photo of me in a parallel universe where I don't live on the surface of the sun, wearing my 65 layers of plaid and orange and brocade and wool. And I never would have thought it, but The Sartorialist posted this photo so apparently it is a total style-savvy look. Sweet. Although, really she could use a little more plaid. Something like this...

I have always been a closet Ralph Lauren fan. (Not sure why I've always felt the need to hide that fact... ) He makes the best huge, bold prints and he just blasts them in your face on skinny suits and floor length taffeta gowns and wow I wonder why more people don't wear them. And I wonder why he keeps refusing to design a wrap for my car. Oh well, look how awesome he is (bottom right photo), strutting his own runway in buffalo plaid.

Speaking of floor length plaid gowns, why didn't I think of this! Google didn't have any info about the origin of this dress, but the photo says it is a wedding gown. I cringe to think that I wore white lace when I could have worn plaid.

Thank you Apartment Therapy for sharing the joy of this room. I would like to guide your focus to the back wall and the white lamp. That is the only part of the photo that I see. I've been longing for flannel gray walls for a while but now I have to refine that longing to flannel gray plaid walls. Ay caramba! And check out the scale of that floor lamp. It looks like a gigantic table lamp and would make any other furniture look miniature. I am going to be thinking about the magic of that lamp for the rest of the day. That should make my ThurFriday go faster!

I was trying to figure out if I could talk my husband into wearing plaid every day of the week and lookie what I found. Zack Efron does it, so how can you go wrong? (Fashionably speaking, of course.) I'm sure that argument will go far when I try to talk Sam into buying stock in plaid. Hahaha, right.

No comments: